Tons of new Halo 5: Guardians artwork has just been unveiled this week from 343 Industries, the makers of all things Halo these days. During a new viral marketing campaign a few days ago, 343 Industries released an email to Xbox owners displaying a geometric star map with some clickable stars. “Look closer”, said the image which when clicked revealed some cryptic image segments to unknowing Halo fans. I personally thought the email was about Microsoft’s Halo and the #HuntTheTruth advert campaign, but I wasn’t absolutely sure until clicking on the stars of the map myself. The pics displayed some unintelligible pieces of a much larger picture. Further research led some reddit users to find the rest of the pieces [displayed above], that assemble the new final cover artwork for Halo 5! Outstanding work reddit Dudes! Microsoft and 343i has since released high-res jpegs of the cover, as well as close-ups of the characters displayed at the bottom corners.
The Spartan II’s on the left obviously shows John-117 along with the rest of his ‘blue team’, Frederic-104, Kelly-087, and Linda-058, who have been depicted in books and novels [Halo: The Fall of Reach], before the release of the original story and game Halo: Combat Evolved. The other Spartans on the right are more mysterious. We know the lead character is Oni’s Spartan Agent Lock wearing Hunter Armor. The other three Spartans however are unknown to us. All of these characters should play a vital role in the story of Halo 5. Some have speculated that a new cooperative game mode as well as the single player campaign should involve the new Spartans as well! Enjoy the large pics and the animated cover below.
A visit deep inside ONI branch headquarters brings unexpected results. A voice from the past returns. And an in-flight incident sparks a flame that can’t be put out.
Rumors of discontent across the military and rumblings in the Outer Colonies are cause for concern, but a mandatory meeting at ONI headquarters may bring greater repercussions.
Halo fans who pre-order Halo 5: Guardians from Gamestop will not only receive a free Halo 5 poster, but a bonus set of Oni Agent Locke ‘Hunter Armor’ for use in multiplayer. This is the first round of bonuses for those who order the game early. Stay tuned here for further details about Halo 5 bonuses from other retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, and Microsoft. The fight is on for your money at retailers who supply Halo 5 on disc and digital download.
Halo: Spartan Strike is now available on Apple IOS phones and tablets as well as Windows 8 PCs and the Windows 8 phone for $5.99. Halo is a very welcome addition to Apple products and is a fanstastic game for any mobile user. Like the games predecessor, Halo: Spartan Strike has 30 levels in cities, deserts, and jungles. The game also includes vehicles, and new enemies to fight.
Here are Halo: Spartan Strikes’ top features:
- Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
- Face off against Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
- Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
- Share progress between your Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 devices, or on Steam via Steam Cloud.
- Purchase through the Windows or Windows Phone store and receive access to the Windows and Windows Phone versions of the title for one price.
- Complete weekly challenges and take the top position against friends in leaderboards that showcase your Halo gaming skills.
- Take control with precision touch-based controls for the mobile experience and optional support for both keyboard and mouse or USB Xbox controller on PCs.**
- Earn achievements in Halo: Spartan Strike to unlock an exclusive emblem, nameplate, and avatar in Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One (sold separately).*
I’m totally excited to see another Avengers movie! The characters are fantastic…and Black Widow has the finest tush in Hollywood. Wouldn’t you agree? Tushee not seen in this clip, sorry. Avengers: Age of Ultron release date May 1st!
The new update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection has been released that addresses Halo 3 audio, forge, ranking, parties, quitters, etc. Been playing the game myself today and matchmaking seems to be steadily improving as well. Really enjoying those over 100 multiplayer maps included! 343 Industries is also making room for a remastered Halo 3: ODST and a remastered Relic map next month for free to those who purchased the game between November 11 and December 19 as sort of a apology. No word on pricing beyond the free release.
Here’s a quote from 343i:
Additionally, we’re excited about the progress of the Relic multiplayer map remake and the Campaign for Halo 3: ODST, both of which are on track to release within Halo: The Master Chief Collection next month with our next content update.
Bungie’s House of Wolves livestream happened earlier today and I missed it! Bungie did however say they were going to release a copy of the livestream sometime in the near future, so I’ll post it here at Dude Gamer as soon as it comes out. In the meantime, enjoy the teaser trailer they had just released that gives you an enticing look at the new expansion.
Here are some new feature coming with new expansion, House of Wolves:
- New “Ascend” upgrade path for legendary or exotic weapons and armor.
- Re-roll the randomized perks for any new weapon acquired with “Reforge”.
- New social space to battle in called “The Reef”. This new battle space will work like the Tower in some respects, (Vault Access, Bounty Tracker Robot, New Queens Wrath Vendors, House of Judgement Gear).
- In the Tower, the Speaker will act as a trader for old materials. Exchange materials for Mote of Light, etc.
- New activities called “Trails of Osiris”, and “Prison of Elders”.
- Release date is May 19.
- New Bungie livestreams planned up until the release date.